What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies don’t usually contain any personal information and are mostly useful to you. Generally they are used to improve your experience and inform marketers of your journey, so that in turn they can make improvements to the website.
‘Essential’ cookies let you move around the website ensuring that the vital features, like keeping you logged in and updating your shopping basket, work. These cookies don’t gather any information that could be used for marketing purposes or remembering where you have been on the internet.
We use essential cookies to:
- Keep you logged into your account as you move around the website
• Remember what is in your shopping bag
Essential cookies will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could then be used to advertise products or services to you
• Remember your username or preference beyond your current visit
As the lowest level of cookies available, accepting ‘essential’ cookies is a condition of using TRU Limited. Without these cookies our website wouldn’t function and would become very difficult for you to use.
‘Functional’ cookies help us remember settings and preferences that will improve your shopping experience, e.g. how many search results you wish to view and in what order.
They also enable us to collect information about how you use our website, like which pages you view and if there are any errors. These cookies don’t collect any personal information that could identify you – it’s all anonymous and is only used to help us improve our website, understand what interests our users, and measure how effective our advertising is.
We use functional cookies to:
- Remember settings you’ve applied, such as layout of the search page
- Ensure the website looks consistent throughout
- Provide statistics on how our website is used
- Understand how effective our campaigns are
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs of our website
Functional cookies will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to target you with adverts on other websites
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
In some cases, some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them will reduce the ease of use on our website and we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
Behavioural cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as Like buttons and Share buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
We use behavioural cookies to:
- Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites
You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them stop us from offering you some services. All of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may alternatively use the third parties’ own tools to prevent these cookies.
The cookies we define as ‘behavioural’ are:
|Cookie(s)||What the cookie does||Reference|
|You Tube||Allows a user to watch videos without leaving the website||You Tube|
|Provides a better user experience through social integration|
Further information on cookies:
Useful info: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Internet Advertising Agency: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom: http://www.international-chamber.co.uk/our-expertise
- When you use our website you may provide us with personal information about you, such as your name, address, fax and telephone numbers and email address (“personal information”). We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- You are entitled to ask for a copy of your personal information at any time by contacting us at the address below. You are entitled to ask us to correct or update your personal information at any time by contacting us at the address below.
- You consent to us transferring your personal information to any third party if that third party acquires substantially all of our assets.
- You consent to us transferring your personal information to any countries outside the UK provided that similar levels of data protection as in the UK shall apply to your Personal Information.
- We (and our representatives) may use your personal information to deal with your queries and for the purposes of record keeping.
- We may contact you from time to time to tell you about goods and services or other matters relating to TRU Limited. If you do not want us to contact you in this way you can “opt out” by indicating this when you submit your personal information to us or by emailing us at any time at the address above.
Every web server stores log files which collate records of activity on the Website. We use these log files to prepare statistics which can help to show us how the Website is being used. We can then analyse this information in order to improve the way the Website works for you. The log files also store the IP addresses of all visitors to the Website. This is a security feature which we can use to defend the Website against malicious attack. In normal circumstances, your visits will remain completely anonymous.
The Website has numerous security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, such as passwords and firewalls. We cannot, however, guarantee that these measures are, or will remain, adequate. We do, however, take data security very seriously and will use all reasonable endeavours to protect the integrity of the information you provide.
T.R.U. Limited Registered in England & Wales, April 1992 Registration No. 2708234
Registered Office: Margaret House, 342, Haydock Lane, Haydock, Merseyside WA11 9UY
Communications may be monitored or recorded to improve our service and for security and regulatory purposes.