Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist - Bands 7 – 8C considered
TRU Ltd is a rehabilitation service working with adults with Acquired Brain Injuries (ABI). We have six residential units providing a rehabilitation pathway from post acute rehabilitation to community re-entry and vocational rehabilitation. As a Clinical Psychologist you will be working closely with the unit teams, to ensure our service users receive the very best quality of rehabilitation and care.
TRU provides our service users with person centred care to ensure their unique needs and rehabilitation goals are met. As the unit Clinical Psychologist you will provide specialist psychological assessment and therapy to service users. You will be supported by a specialist multi-disciplinary team including neuropsychology, neuropsychiatry, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and highly trained rehabilitation coaches. As part of this team you will offer advice and consultation on psychological care to the clinical and non-clinical team through teaching, clinical recommendations, reflective practice and supervision. This role reports into the Head of Clinical services however is predominately unit based, so gives a fantastic opportunity to offer support to the unit manager through recommendations to ensure the unit is safe and well run.
• Qualified and experienced Doctor of Clinical Psychology.
• Registered with HCPC as a Practitioner Psychologist
• Previous experience working within brain injury rehabilitation.
• A keen interest in working with service users on a one to one basis.
• To be striving for best practice for each and every individual accessing our service through commitment to effective, safe and responsive practice with consistency and learning lessons at all times to improve psychological care.
• To always act in a calm and professional manner, even in more challenging situations.
• Willingness to work as part of a multi disciplinary team.
• To uphold our ethics and values.
• Promote equal opportunities and the well-being of our service users.
• Establish good relationships with our service users and staff.
• Motivate and empower independence of our service users.
• Manage time and schedules effectively, to ensure all responsibilities are completed to a high standard.
• To provide psychological expertise for service users from initial assessment through to community re-entry.
• To formulate and implement person centred rehabilitation care plans for service users.
• To regularly review and update care plans through assessment and using psychological expertise.
• To work autonomously within professional guidelines.
• To take a lead role in weekly client review meetings.
• To manage and inspire assistant psychologists in their professional development.
• To ensure that all current legislation is adhered to and updated where necessary.
• To support the Head of Clinical Services where necessary.
• To act as a role model to all staff and lead by example.
• To work in partnership with the multi-disciplinary professionals; to ensure excellent service is given to our service users in all areas of their rehabilitation and care.
• Always uphold high quality standards of person centered rehabilitation and support.
• Follow company policies and procedures in all areas.
• To uphold all standards, principles and policies of CQC.
Permanent, Full Time and Part Time Hours Available
We adopt a strong safeguarding culture of openness and honesty to best protect our Service Users and Employees. All successful candidates will be subject to DBS checks.
• 31 holidays per annum Pro Rata + 8 Bank Holidays
• Discounted gym memberships
• Tastecard Plus membership
Are you looking for an interesting and rewarding start to your career with great prospects? TRU Ltd is looking for Rehabilitation Coaches to join their coaching team.
- To work in partnership with the multi-disciplinary professionals
- Ensure that daily support is safe, consistent, planned, reliable and on-time
- Support with medical appointments
- Always uphold high quality standards of person centred rehabilitation and support
- Follow company policies and procedures
What We Want From You
- To uphold our ethics and values
- Promote equal opportunities and the well-being of our Service Users
- Establish good relationships with our Service Users and team members
- Manage conflict with positive outcomes
- Motivate and empower independence
- Manage time and schedules effectively
- We adopt a strong safeguarding culture of openness and honesty to best protect our Service Users and Employees. All successful candidates will be subject to DBS checks
- 28 holidays per annum
- Discounted gym memberships
- Tastecard Plus membership – giving discounts at 1000’s of restaurants, as well as discounts on cinema tickets, theme parks and hotel stays
- Employee Assistance Programme- 24/7 Counselling support available
Please submit applications to Sandra Fearnley, firstname.lastname@example.org
TRU Ltd is inviting enthusiastic psychology graduates to apply to join the rehabilitation coaching team.
Psychology graduates are encouraged to apply to join TRU to work as a rehabilitation coach as part of an innovative multi-disciplinary team. As a rehabilitation coach you will liaise effectively with all team members to deliver evidence-based psychological interventions for individuals with acquired brain injuries. As a rehabilitation coach you will support our clients through the rehabilitation process, whilst promoting independence and the development of daily living, social and vocational skills.
Psychology graduates can benefit from our established internal career pathways, including the opportunity to enrol onto the Psychology Graduate Development Programme. This staged programme includes a self-study course alongside “on the job” training, which upon completion will prepare candidates for level 1 and level 2 Psychology Assistant positions within the company, working 1 or 2 shifts per week in this capacity. This ongoing professional development will ideally prepare graduates for an Assistant Psychologist position, as well as providing substantial experience relevant to clinical doctorate applications.
Our Service users success begins with the comprehensive training programme offered to our employees, familes and other members of a client’s treatment team. TRU believes that by educating and involving its employees and families, we create a positive and supportive environment. TRU offers attractive wages, travel opportunities and as a growing company, offers the potential for career advancement.
Trained and supervised staff are pivotal to the success of our service users rehabilitation by providing a timely and at the point of need support. TRU offers a training and induction period designed to help new employees settle in as smoothly as possible. Each training package is specifically tailored for individual needs. We also provide on-going training and education to our employees. Along with this training, each employee participates in regular evaluations to discuss any issues or concerns, and plan goals that may help employees advance within the company a long a career pathway. All of the Training and Education modules at TRU meet and exceed national and local statutory guidelines for persons providing rehabilitation services. Each module is offered at least once, and most often twice per annum. Statutory and refresher in-services are provided as required.
TRU recognises respects and values the diversity in our company and society. Every employee will have open and fair access to appropriate training and development opportunities, irrespective of race, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, disability or political opinion.TRU’s policy is to recruit and promote for all job classifications on the basis of merit, qualification, and competence. This policy applies to all categories of employment, including managerial, professional, technical and all other staff. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions will be made solely on the basis of the individual’s qualifications as related to the requirements of the position being filled.